It’s funny, I often go back and forth on the kinds of recipes to post. Sometimes I think it’s all about things that are striking and fancy, things that will catch people’s attention and make them think “Wow, I want to make that!”. And sometimes I think that more practical recipes are the way to go… the ones that people see and know they can make them on a regular basis.
And sometimes, there are things I don’t consider posting because I think they are too simple for a blog post – this is one of those recipes. The other day, someone in a vegan Facebook group asked for ideas on how to make seasoned rice without resorting to the packaged ones with all kinds of yucko in them. And I thought, “I do that all the time!” And here’s what I do…
Seasoned Brown Rice
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice (brown basmati and brown jasmine are my favorites!)
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil (depending on how dry you don’t want it)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (or 1 tablespoon fresh)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- dash of salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon turmeric
Mix together and enjoy! This is a great way to use up leftover cooked rice.
(for 4 servings, using 2 tablespoons coconut oil, has 76 g carbs)