This smoothie was actually a surprise for me ~ I had no idea it was going to turn out as good as it did.
This morning I was craving something with lots of greens that would be light and cool, but discovered that the fridge was rather low on greens. What I found was a large handful of parsley. I’m not one to generally get excited about the taste of parsley, but I decided to give it a try as the main green in today’s smoothie.
Into the vitamix went:
- 1 frozen banana
- about 3/4 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 large handful fresh parsley (stems and all)
- 1″ lemon (including the rind)
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened soy yogurt (for extra protein)
- 1/4 cup brazil nut milk
- 1 teaspoon spirulina
- about 3/4 cup water (I didn’t measure, but added enough to get the right consistency)
I’d planned to also add some fresh ginger, but forgot, although I think it would be a great addition. This made between 3-4 cups of smoothie.
This was amazing! Light and refreshing and incredibly delicious. Definitely a keeper!